My Zimbio
Google
 

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Dollar in Ten Years without Ron Paul

One of the major selling points Ron Paul had to get me to support him is his stance on the soundness of the American dollar. It has made me think about what will be made of the dollar if Ron Paul cannot win the election and work to return to a sound dollar.

None of the other candidates in this election have even said anything about the dollar which means chances are they arent thinking about it. This means that these candidates will probably continue the unsafe spending of presidents in recent history. We have been spending more than we have and the country is in a $3 trillion debt. Yet we are still printing more and more paper money everyday, but not getting any real money to back it up as we are actually losing money each day. The value of the dollar goes down with each bill printed, with each day, with each loan we take out from another country.

If we leave this to be fixed by a president who isn't even talking about it how can we move increasing the value of the dollar? The value of a dollar is as low as it has ever been and decreasing each day. I am scared to think about what my life will be like in 10 years with a low valued dollar. What will I be getting each day for work? Nothing? Close to it. Think of how hard traveling overseas will become. Trading currency will be nearly impossible. You will need twice as many dollars to get a certain amount of foreign currency as you do today.

That is one of my major hooks that have me connected to Ron Paul. Ron Paul had me when he talked about returning to sound money. I am still young and this is a big part of my future. He has me with how he plans to cut government spending so we do not need to loan as much and can begin to pay off our debts. As we pay of these debts we will be returning value to our dollar because our money will not just be paper, it will not belong to another country, it will belong to us and the paper dollars will be back by our country's gold and that is what we truly need. We cannot stay a power or have any economic standing in the world in the future if we cannot return to a sound dollar and that is what has me following Ron Paul.

6 comments:

Lord Metroid said...

There are two ways to fix the value of the dollar. 1. Start using hard commodity as money again such as precious metals or 2. No one take any more loans, the fiat money is based on debt and when all debt is payed off there would be no more currency in circulation.

Number two is niigh impossible even if all people stopped borrowing and only payed back on their debts considering the state keeps borrowing in a faster and faster pace.

Anonymous said...

I am going to assume you meant $13 Trillion dollar debt not $3 Trillion.

Anonymous said...

It's $9 trillion. Those are public figures. Who knows what the real debt is.

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry to tell you ….. But there isn’t any Gold …..
The FED stole It allllllll !

kbanta11 said...

I can believe that the feds stole it all, and I also like the idea of using a hard commodity or something that can give us something to feel stable about in our economy. And sorry about the mistake, I did mean $13 trillion, which is the number I found.

Bill Kelly said...

If Ron Paul is not elected the dollar will be worthless in ten years replaced with the AMERO of the North American Union!