My Zimbio
Google
 

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thompson more Conservative than Ron Paul? How

Recently, I have received many messages and e-mails saying that Fred Thompson is more conservative than Ron Paul. They gave me links to places to prove their point. I read them and could not figure out how Thompson is more conservative than Ron Paul.

To me, conservatism is being as small as possible in other countries affairs that have nothing to do with us. Ron Paul wants to bring troops home. Fred Thompson wants to keep our troops in other countries to "protect our country." How does having troops somewhere else and not here protect us. Sure the countries we have troops in may not be killing each other (because they are killing us), but that gives us less people to protect us as Americans if there is a terrorist attack. How do you protect by being miles and miles away?

Thompson more conservative than Ron Paul? I don't see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Thompson is not so much a CONservative, as he is a PREservative.

The people who are writing you want him elected in order to PRESERVE their government bureaucrat jobs and contacts.